DIMANIYAT ISLAND TOUR Full Day-6 hrs
Enjoy a scenic boat ride from Muscat to the UNESCO-protected Dimaniyat Islands. Swim with and marvel at the marine life and beautiful corals. Snorkel in two different locations, and stay refreshed with an included lunch box, soft drinks, and water.
• Snorkel off the Dimaniyat Islands, one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Oman
• Explore several kinds of rare coral reefs up-close in a UNESCO-protected natural site
• Swim among many large turtles, many of which lay their eggs on the islands
• Be on the lookout for other amazing marine life, such as sharks, eels, and dolphins
Discover one of the jewels of Oman, the Dimaniyat Islands, on a boat tour from Muscat. Snorkel in a beautiful, UNESCO-protected nature reserve and admire the abundant sea life.
Begin your day with pickup anywhere in Muscat before the Al Seeb area and transfer to the marina for the 70-kilometer (43.5-mile) journey northwest to the Dimaniyat Islands. Onboard, enjoy the scenic views of Muscat and the coastline, as well as unlimited soft drinks and water.
Once at the Dimaniyat Islands, explore the nature reserve and stop in two different places for snorkelling. Keep your eyes peeled for sea turtles, corals, and, if you’re lucky, sharks, eels, and dolphins. Have the chance to find Nemos (clownfish) and see other different species of colored fish, too.
• Dimaniyat Islands permits
• Transfer from the cruise ship outside the port.
• Snorkelling equipment
• Lunch box
• Soft drinks and water onboard
Know before you go
• Pickup time is around 9 AM from Muscat port inside. Need to know cruise ship arrival & Departure time
• Please show up on time at your pickup point
• The trip is subject to cancelation for weather conditions without prior notice
• Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended
Muscat City Tour Half day 4 hrs
An excursion to the most characteristic and traditional corners of Muscat, from souks to museums, to discover the true heart of the city.
WHAT WE WILL SEE
• Grand Mosque
• Opera House exterior photo stop
• The Muttrah souq
• Al-Alam Palace and Portuguese forts
• Exterior of the fort of Al-Jalali
WHAT WE WILL DO
• We leave the port of Mina Qaboos and head towards the Grand Mosque.
• Photo Stop Royal Opera House
• We then head to the coast to visit the Muttrah souk, the old market, a fascinating blend of history and modernity under a magnificent 18th century merchant’s inn. Here we received shopping.
• We leave in front of the National Museum of Muscat and head towards the Al-Alam palace that we see from the outside. From here we can also admire the Al-Mirani Fort, completed in 1587, and the Fort of Al-Jalali. The latter has been completely restored and
also houses a museum of Oman’s cultural heritage, is reserved for heads of state and members of royal families and is not open to the public.
What you need to know
• The itinerary may be subject to change.
• We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
• You set an appropriate dress code for places of worship to visit.
• To enter the mosque, it is mandatory for men and women to cover the shoulders and legs.
• Dollars & Euros are accepted in the souk (market)
• Friday and national holidays the Grand Mosque will be closed and the visit will be external.
THE COST INCLUDES
Half day trip as per itinerary above. Bottles of mineral water per person.
Wadi Shab & Sinkhol 6 hrs tour
An adventurous excursion to discover extraordinary landscapes, high rocky mountains, and lush oases: an almost stunning nature, characterized by places and villages that have remained almost untouched over time.
What you will see
• Mountain landscapes with different colors
• The Wadi Shab with its lush vegetation
• Small lakes and natural pools
• Wadi Shab natural pools
• Trekking inside wadi Shab
• The Cave of Stars (Bimmah Sinkhol)
What you will do
• On board the coach, we leave the capital Muscat in the direction of the Wadi Shab Already after a few kilometers, we find ourselves Wadi Shab where mountains with a surreal appearance and different colors conquer our almost bewildered, but certainly fascinated gaze.
• Leaving the asphalt road, we take a boat to cross a small river
• After a long walk of almost 1 hour you will find a pond and swimming pools. We need to find a location where you have the opportunity to swim, surrounded by a natural amphitheater of rare beauty and immersed in an imposing nature.
• At the end of this relaxing break, go back outside where we left our cars
• Visit another Bimmah Sinkhole swimming pool (the Cave of Stars) where we have another chance to swim
What you need to know
• The number of places available is limited; it is therefore advisable to book early.
• The order of the stages of the itinerary may vary.
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
• Guests must be in good physical condition.
• The excursion is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties, back and / or neck problems.
• Participating pregnant women is not allowed.
• Children under the age of 4 cannot participate in the excursion.
• We recommend modest clothing and avoid transparent clothes.
• Appropriate clothing is required in accordance with the culture of the country visited.
• Remember to bring your bathing suit, beach towel, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion.
• Lunch consists of a travel basket which will be eat in a jeep or suitable place