The tour begins with a visit to the beautiful Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque one of the largest mosques in the Middle East. Later tour proceeds toward Al Batinah Region.
The journey continues to Nakhal and its 17th Century Fort built on the peak of a mountain. Nakhal Fort is one of the most spectacular forts, dramatically located at the edge of the Jebel Akhdar Mountains in northwest Oman. It is surrounded by a beautiful oasis. There is an area with healing warm springs, the most notable being Ayn A’ Thowarah. Its waters run at 45°C and are regarded as a cure for rheumatism and skin diseases due to its sulfur content.
Your guide, will then take you to Wadi Al Abyad, enter the wadi to see the famous “blue pools” and calcite. If you have enough time, you can do the easy walk all the way to the village Al Abyad or explore the pools in the immediate vicinity, the blue pools are roughly five minutes down the wadi. Lush scenery and if there is enough water, you can do some wadi bashing. Head back to Muscat.
An excursion to the most characteristic and traditional corners of Muscat, from souks to museums, discovering the real heart of the city.
- TYPE: Full Day tour
- DEPARTS FROM: Hotel/Airport/Seaport
- MEETING POINT: Hotel/Airport/Seaport
- DURATION: 8 Hrs
- Pick up hotel/Airport/Seaport: 8:30 am
- Drop off Hotel/Airport/Seaport: 5:00 pm
- LANGUAGE: Italian
- Seeking The Company Of Sharks
What you need to know
Please Note: The order of the itinerary may vary. Please wear comfortable walking shoes. This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems Space is limited, so please reserve early. The coach ride between Muscat and Nakhal takes about 2 hours one way.
THE COST INCLUDES
- Full day tour as per above-mentioned itinerary.
- 4WD car with English Speaking Driver cum Guide
- Picnic Lunch
- 02 bottle mineral water per person.
- Entrance fees.
THE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Any airfare
- VISA charges.
- All meals other than mentioned.
- All expenses of personal in nature.
- Anything which is not specifically mentioned in inclusions part.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund.