An off-road excursion to discover the suggestive Wadi Bani Khalid and the dunes of the Omani desert.
What do we see
- Packed lunch in the Wadi Bani Khalid
- The Omani desert called “Wahiba Sands”
What do we do
- After leaving the port of Mina Qaboos, we begin our off-road journey * towards the Wadi Bani Khalid * through a long series of suggestive mountain villages.
- Afterwards, the road leads us to the wadi along an extensive shallow body of water framed by vegetation, at the end of which we reach another village.
- We stop in another wadi to have a packed lunch.
- After lunch, on board the jeeps we continue in the direction of the great Omani desert, called “Wahiba Sands”. Our expert drivers will make advnature the thrill of a path on the sand dunes.
- After the journey in the desert, we will return to the port.
What you need to know
- The excursion does not include a guide.
- The number of places available is limited; it is therefore advisable to book early.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Guests must be in good physical condition.
- The excursion is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties, back and / or neck problems.
- This excursion aboard the jeep involves a journey on asphalt road for about 6 hours and an off-road journey for about an hour.
- Interesting women are not allowed to participate in the excursion.
- Children under the age of 4 cannot participate in the excursion.
- The jeeps have a capacity of 4 people, therefore they will be shared with other guests.
- We do not guarantee seats on the same jeep for families.
- It is not possible to carry strollers in the jeep.
Please Note: Vehicles available for this tour accommodate groups of up to 4 guests maximum. Groups with more than 4 guests will need to book multiple vehicles. Please take this information into consideration when booking. During the Holy Month of Ramadan and the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, there will be no entertainment, no belly dancing, and alcohol will not be served.
Please be advised: Normal tourst photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings, police, or military installations are not allowed.
Shore Excursion Size: Private
Shore Excursion Type: Cultural, Scenic
Shore Excursion Duration:7 Hours
Activity Level: Easy
Shore Excursion Leaves From: Muscat Port gate. Further details will be provided in you electronic ticket
Food/Beverage: Provided Water and domestic softdrinks. Lunch available for purchase during break.
Recommended Dress: Comfortable lightweight summer clothing and walking shoes are suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles. Hats and some protection for the head are advisable when in direct sunlight. The Sultanate of Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear must be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops/malls and villages.
Restrictions: Must be able to get in/out of vehicle. Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings, police or military installations are not allowed. Collapsible wheelchair, walker, and motorized scooter access.